There is something profoundly and subtly different about a man who strives for maturity in all aspects of his life. This kind of man has been called many things throughout history, we call him the New Warrior. Many aspects of the New Warrior will sound familiar. What the ManKind Project offers is a time proven way of integrating aspects of the mature masculine into your everyday world in a powerful, responsible and self-aware way, as part of a community of like-minded men. We commit to integrating these values into our lives, and we support each other and provide tools to help each other succeed. We don’t just talk the talk, we work together to walk the walk.
Values of the Mature Masculine
- Accountability – We do what we say we will do, and don’t do what we say we will not do. We take responsibility for our actions, our thoughts and our feelings.
- Authenticity – We tell the truth about who we are. We strive to be our best selves.
- Compassion – We empathize, connecting to the suffering of others, and we act with love in the world.
- Generosity – We recognize that giving of ourselves from our abundance brings more for all. We take on missions of service in the world and work together to make a positive difference.
- Integrity – We live our values. We seek wholeness.
- Leadership – We step forward in our lives to offer compassionate leadership, seeking understanding and community rather than domination or oppression.
- Multicultural Awareness – We recognize that in our world it is imperative that we be able to live in harmony with people who are different than ourselves. We strive to understand ourselves and others and to celebrate our differences.
- Respect – We pay attention to the impacts of our actions on others and we treat others with honor.
Mature Masculinity defines itself apart from the old ways of being a man; the rugged go-it-alone cowboy, the dominating macho man, the overly rational cold calculating thinker, the little boy in a man’s body, the overly sensitive man who uses his emotions to manipulate those around him, the morally bankrupt soldier of fortune. We recognize these aspects of ourselves as men, we all carry some of these shadows. We also realize that in order to truly succeed in our culture, these old ways are no longer effective or productive. We need a more integrated approach to our lives that does not abuse ourselves or others, and recognizes that we are a global culture with problems that will not be solved by the next block-buster cartoon hero or charismatic leader. We need men of strength, dedication and integrity, working together with women to solve the problems of our time.
If you are ready to get to work, the New Warrior Training Adventure might be for you.